1. Irrespective of the reason for which you are using your bike, you need to understand that it will eventually wear out. This is why it is important for you to regularly scrutinize all the parts of your bike. Check all the metal and non metal parts for dents and cracks. Check the shocks and frame for damage as well. And if you find problems anywhere, ensure you get it fixed immediately. Or you can directly check Bike Territory
out for available tips.
2. When it comes to cleaning your bike, you need to do a lot more than just wipe the dust off of it. You need to wash it down completely using soapy water. This will help keep any mud from getting into the drive system. In order to remove dirt from some of the more difficult to reach areas like the head sets, wheel hubs and chain rings you could use a brush that has fine bristles. And finally don't forget to rinse off all the soap from your bike. Remember having clogged parts can significantly reduce mobility.
3. It is important for you to check your tire pressure regularly as well. Over a period of time you will learn how to determine whether your tires have enough air in them or not. Check the treads and ensure there are no holes or bulges anywhere either. If you find your tires having too much damage, just get them changed instead of trying to fix them too much.
4. Apart from ensuring that your chains don't get entangled you also need to ensure that they remain fitted properly and aren't broken from anywhere. You must also oil them regularly using an appropriate lubricant for smooth functioning.
5. You need to check your brake pads regularly as well. If you find them wearing out or if you find them not working as well as they used to. Just replace them. The brakes are one thing which you should never mess with.